The four members of Polish death metal band Decapitated have plead not guilty to charges of raping a woman on their tour bus this past August after a show, as reported by the Associated Press. The members of the group are currently jailed in Spokane, Wash. at $100,000 a piece, and made their pleas Tuesday in English, after Polish translator broke down what was going on to them over speakerphone. Spokane County Superior Court Judge Annette Plese set a trial date for the band Dec. 18, but said that it's likely it will be pushed back into the new year.

Last week, the group was officially charged with rape, and two weeks ago were extradited to Spokane from Los Angeles. The charges stem from the defendant testifying she was assaulted Aug. 31 in the morning after one of the shows, after she and a friend had been invited onto the band's tour bus for drinks. She claims the "vibe" on the bus changed and that "one of the members began looking at them like they were prey." She stated that she attempted to push Piotrowski away but he grabbed her arm and spun her around to where she was facing the sink and mirror in the bathroom. She saw in the mirror and out of the corner of her eye each of the band members taking turns raping her court documents indicated, among other details of the night.

In response to the charge of rape, the group made a statement:

An update – following extradition from California to Washington, the band has now been charged. We’d like to emphasise; the Spokane Police Department has pressed charges as procedural formality, without doing so, they would be forced to release band – this is not a conviction or any indication of guilt or innocence.

Once again, we ask that everyone wait for each party’s case to be presented and await the court’s decision. With that said, whilst cases are being prepared on both sides, some facts are indisputable at this point – that the original officer who took the complaint from the accuser stated, "I do not have probable cause that a rape occurred”, and it’s taken a full 30 days to file charges, which is right up against the point at which the defendants would legally have had to be released.

The band firmly refutes the allegations and are confident that once the facts and evidence have been seen and heard, they will be released and able to return home.

Individuals who were present on the night in question with information about the case are asked to reach out to the defense lawyer, Steve Graham of Spokane, Washington.


More From Noisecreep