Vans Warped Tour 2013 – A Survival Guide for the All-Day Festival
Summer is coming, which means massive amounts of outdoor concert festivals, and one of the biggest is the annual Vans Warped Tour. There’s no doubt that Warped Tour can be one helluva great time, but if you’re not prepared there’s always the risk that things can go south. There are tons of people, lots of attractions and weather can always play a factor, so we have come up with some tips that will help ensure your Warped experience is the best it can be.
This year’s Warped Tour features more of a hard rock edge than ever, with bands such as Bring Me the Horizon, The Used, Black Veil Brides, blessthefall, Black Dahlia Murder, August Burns Red, Chiodos, Hawthorne Heights, Billy Talent, Sleeping With Sirens, Silverstein and Goldfinger leading the way. There are also such upstart buzz bands as Art of Shock, Attila, Beware of Darkness, The Amity Affliction, Emily’s Army, letlive. and Upon a Burning Body hoping to use Warped as the springboard to further their career, so be sure to leave some room for discovery in your schedule.
Warped Tour kicks off today (June 15) in Seattle and wraps up on Aug. 4 in Houston. To see the full line-up and both the North American and European tour itinerary, go here.
Survival Guide for Warped Tour:
What to Bring:
– Your ticket (Nothing worse than getting there and not getting in.)
– Sealed ice water + a light snack (Keep yourself energized and hydrated and save a little on cost.)
– Sunscreen + sunglasses (It’s the summer, don’t get scorched.)
– A schedule with set times (If available online, this can help your “who to see” conundrums.)
– Money (With food, water, merch and meet-and-greets, it can get pricey.)
– Sharpie and/or compact camera (You never know when you might meet your favorite band. Be ready to document that memory.)
– Hat and/or hair scrunchies (Control your sweat, don’t leave others wet.)
– Hand sanitizer (In an open field or parking lot, it can get dirty and germy out there.)
– A small bag or pouch that closes (It’ll help you carry most all of the above.)
Big NO NO’s:
– Don’t wear flip flops/open toe shoes (You will get stepped on. Also remember that some Warped tour shows are in parking lots. Blacktop lots especially on hot days can be the ultimate b—- to deal with so dress accordingly to the show/venue you will attend.)
– Do not wear makeup of any kind (You’ll sweat it off anyway. Leave the makeup to the bands.)
– On Warped Tour’s Official Site it actually states that you cannot bring the following: A professional camera, alcohol, recording devices, firearms, weapons, knives etc., any illegal substances.
– Don’t complain (It’s hot, yucky and sticky and everyone knows it. If you can’t handle being in the front or the pit then step out of the way for someone who can.)
– Make a list of bands you want to see in order of importance + set times.
– Check the weather and plan ahead.
– If your parent must come with you, make sure you check out Warped’s Adult Daycare for their sake and sanity.
– You’ve spent money on this ticket so make sure to rock out.