‘Five Luxuries You Take for Granted on Tour’ by Chris Shelley of At the Skylines
Southern Californian anthemic rockers At the Skylines will be releasing The Secrets to Life, their debut album, on May 8. Produced by Fredrik Nordstrom (At the Gates, Dimmu Borgir), the album is a dynamic blend of metal-kissed guitars, electronic flourishes and instantly memorable choruses.
Since At the Skylines are currently out on North American tour with Enter Shikari and letlive., Noisecreep asked vocalist Chris Shelley for his list of the five luxuries you take for granted on tour. Anyone who has ever been out on the road could definitely empathize with Shelley’s picks.
We’re also giving away five copies of the band’s upcoming album and one grand prize winner will get the CD, t-shirt and baseball tee, from At the Skylines. Click below to check out the list and for the contest rules. Oh, you can also stream “Turbulence,” a track off the upcoming album.
Listen to “Turbulence” From At the Skylines
Top 5 Luxuries That Get Taken for Granted on Tour
by Chris Shelley
1. Catering – “I definitely have an extra bit of happiness every day that a venue decides to shell out catering. Weather it be home made food, or little Caeser’s $5 pizzas, it’s always nice to save your per diem and have food handled for you.”
2. Showering – “Every now and then we either have fans or friends in states that let us crash, and most of the time comes showering with that. It’s always nice to wash your .. and your ..”
3. Local bands – “Some nights there local bands to open the package. It’s always cool to see the different vibes in music that come from each individual city. Every now and then there is a band that sticks out and you enjoy hearing, and some nights you’re just stuck waiting to play.”
4. Dressing rooms / green rooms – “Every dude in a band needs their space, and the van doesn’t cut it, especially when it smells like six other dudes and ass. Having a dressing room or a green room where the bands can chill, play on their computers, party, or just have their alone time is always nice. Its hectic spending every hour of every day around a bunch of other dudes that you may or may not know, so time spent alone is always luxurious.”
5. Lot lizards - “It’s always fun to see those couple of nasty girls the other bands put on the list that scope out the band dudes (laughs)!”
To enter the giveaway, just retweet the following and we’ll pick random winners: Chris from @AtTheSkylines lists the 5 luxuries you take for granted on tour: http://aol.it/HvbXFV
We’ll announce the six winners on Monday, April 16.
At the Skylines’ The Secrets to Life will be out May 8 via Roadrunner Records. Pre-order the album at this link.
At the Skylines with Enter Shikari and letlive. tour dates:
Apr 10 Infinity Hall Buffalo, NY
Apr 11 iLounge Pontiac, MI
Apr 12 The Bottom Lounge Chicago, IL
Apr 13 Station 4 St. Paul, MN
Apr 15 WECC Winnepeg, MB
Apr 17 The Den Calgary, AB
Apr 18 The Starlite Room Edmonton, AB
Apr 21 El Corazon Seattle, WA
Apr 22 Branx Portland, OR
Apr 24 Catalyst Atrium Santa Cruz, CA
Apr 27 Soma Sidestage San Diego,CA
Apr 28 The Glass House Pomona, CA
Apr 29 Nile Theatre Mesa, AZ
May 1 The Aruba Las Vegas, NV
May 2 Club Sound Salt Lake City, UT
May 3 The Marquis Theatre Denver, CO
May 5 The Door Dallas, TX
May 6 White Rabbit San Antonio, TX
May 7 The Studio @ Warehouse Live Houston, TX
May 9 State Theatre St. Petersburg, FL
May 10 Rocketown Pompano Beach, FL
May 11 Jack Rabbits Jacksonville, FL
May 12 The Social Orlando, FL