X Japan’s Yoshiki Launches New Celebrity Auction for Japan Relief
X Japan leader Yoshiki is launching another auction to benefit victims of the earthquake that devastated coastal areas of Japan in March. All proceeds from this auction will benefit Japan Relief. New items are being added weekly, so Noisecreep recommends that you check back as often as you can.
Yoshiki is so dedicated to helping his countrymen that X Japan have put the release of their debut US single, ‘Jade,’ on the backburner for the time being. Now that’s what we call love and dedication to your fellow man!
Auction items include:
* a Red Hot Chili Peppers MTV Europe Award belonging to Anthony Kiedis
* Al Jourgensen’s one-of-a-kind Ibanez mandolin that was used on Ministry‘s 2003, 2004, and 2005 world tours
* Autographed guitars from Anthrax‘s Scott Ian and Limp Bizkit‘s Wes Borland
* Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, and James Franco signed t-shirts
* Front row tickets to a ‘Chelsea Handler Live’ taping
* A limited edition signed artwork print of Marilyn Manson‘s ‘Lest We Forget’ album
* Two tickets and a meet n’ greet at any 30 Seconds to Mars show on the band’s 2011 tour
* Hello Kitty designer Yuko Yamaguchi autographed Yoshikitty iPod Touch case
“I am so grateful to everyone who has donated these very special items for this auction, including some of the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association,” said Yoshiki, whose Yoshiki Foundation America is spearheading the celebrity auction in conjunction with Yahoo! Japan and will funnel all proceeds raised to the Japanese Red Cross. “There are nearly 140,000 people who are still living in shelters,” he continued, “so much needs to be done to help the Japanese people return to their normal lives. What we raise from this auction will help the victims.”
Go here to bid.
In other X Japan news, Yoshiki will host his first-ever radio show, ‘Yoshiki Radio,’ on SiriusXM’s The Boneyard, Channel 38. The hour-long monthly show will launch on Friday, May 27th at 8 PM EST. Beginning Sunday, June 5th, ‘Yoshiki Radio’ will air on the first Sunday of every month at 9 PM EST.
‘Yoshiki Radio’ will offer an eclectic mix of East meets West, and will include Yoshiki’s personal favorites and influences, as well as an introduction to other Japanese artists. He will also address elements of Japanese pop culture that have infiltrated American life, including sushi, Sony, Nintendo/Wii, Hello Kitty, and anime.
“I’m very excited to do the show exclusively on SiriusXM, as I’d like to help tear down the wall between East and West,” said Yoshiki. “I want to show people that there is no one language, no real boundaries when it comes to music and art, and that we are all more alike than not. I also hope my exposure of unique music choices to the West will allow me to show, with pride, a beautiful side of our culture in these difficult times.”
Watch X Japan’s ‘Kurenai’ video