Why the Hell Was Kim Kardashian Wearing a Morbid Angel Sweater?
— SW (@SanskarWagley) July 11, 2017
After posting an Instagram video from her dressing room, Kim Kardashian was forced to defend herself after eagle-eyed fans noticed what appeared to be two lines of white powder behind her. Turns out the lines were part of the natural design of a marble table. However, the real question is why was she wearing a Morbid Angel sweater?
We’re wondering if Kim was firing back at Loudwire just mere days after we ran an opinion column in which we addressed this blight upon the metal scene where pop culture personalities have taken to wearing band shirts from a genre routinely demonized by the mainstream. She and her half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner have been among the most notable offenders, sporting Slayer and Metallica shirts in public, while the latter two recently released a line of clothing that depicted their faces over iconic rock images (they quickly removed the items from retail after a massive backlash). It’s not a stretch to believe they’ve at least heard of bands like Metallica … but Morbid Angel?! Nuh-uh.
Even with the elite status Morbid Angel carries in death metal, they’re still largely an underground group meaning someone is doing Kim’s dirty work for her, rounding up these additions to her wardrobe, or that she is — gulp — an actual metal fan. If she is, chances are she reads Loudwire and if that’s the case, we’ve got some Morbid Angel questions we’d just love for you to answer, Kim.
- Most would argue that Altars of Madness is Morbid Angel’s crowning achievement. Agree or disagree?
- Are you an “I prefer the demos” elitist who thinks Abominations of Desolation is really their best?
- What are your thoughts on Trey Azagthoth‘s unconventional techniques like mic’ing up a box fan when playing live and using a separate rig just for guitar solos?
- What computer game was an obsession of Azagthoth?
- What do you know about The Ancient Ones?
- David Vincent or Steve Tucker?
- Which song has the better opening riff? “Maze of Torment” or “Immortal Rites?”
- What’d you think of Illud Divinum Insanus?
- What would you change about our ranking of Morbid Angel’s albums? (seen below)
- You’ve never listened to Morbid Angel, have you?
Failing to address any of these questions will lead us to deem you, in Morbid Angel’s words, “Lord of all Fevers and Plagues.” The ball is in your court Kim and we eagerly await your response.
When will this madness end? If you’re just as sick of this Metal as a Fashion Statement nonsense as we are, call it out whenever you see it. Repost any instance of poser celebrities wearing metal band shirts or occurrences you encounter in everyday life using the hashtag #metalisnotafashionstatement and keep fighting the good fight, headbangers!
Morbid Angel Albums Ranked
Where Do Morbid Angel Rank Among the 10 Greatest Death Metal Bands?