Hellyeah Show in Houston Evacuated Due to Chemical Leak
The show must go on … but there are a few exceptions. During a performance at Houston’s Warehouse Live on Friday, Hellyeah had to cut their show short when firefighters were called to evacuate the venue due to an ammonia leak in the area.
According to KHOU, there was a strong chemical leak in the east downtown area of Houston. Local fire and police departments received numerous calls about a strong chemical smell and eventually found a nearby food services warehouse had a pipe cracked with the cooling system leaking ammonium.
Well we just wanna say THANK YOU HOUSTON AND SORRY THERE WAS AN EMERGENCY AND THE BUIDING HAD TO BE CLEARED!!! WE DONT KNOW IF IT WAS ISIS , A NATURAL GAS LEAK , A CHEMICAL LEAK OR WHAT , BUT 3/4th THRU OUR SHOW WE WERE USHERED OFF THE STAGE BY VENUE EXPERTS!!! WERE PISSED BUT WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO COMPLY FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR FANS !! WE LOVE YOU HOUSTON AND WE WANNA COME BACK AND MAKE IT UP TO YOU SOON!! BIG LOVE!! NEW ORLEANS WERE STILL ON AT THE REPUBLIC TOMORROW NIGHT!! BRING IT !! CHEERS VP
Authorities were able to plug the leak and ventilate the building. The smell reportedly carried for 10 blocks. Despite the chemical leak, there were no injuries and no one was admitted to the hospital for treatment.
See Where Vinnie Paul Ranks Among the Top 50 Hard Rock + Metal Drummers
Hellyeah Play ‘Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction?’